WINE COMPLIMENTS

BACK TO CATALOG    WINE SELECTION

ALLEGRINI
Allegrini Palazzo della Torre IGT
2001 Allegrini Palazzo della Torre

In the Region if Veneto
Owned by Walter, Franco and Marilisa Allegrini

Palazzo della Torre IGT

A smooth, full-bodied cru made in an innovative ripasso style, sacrificing its DOC status by replacing the Molinara grape with Sangiovese.  The 1997 vintage was the first of this style.  70% of the grapes picked are vinified immediately.  The remaining 30% are left to dry until the end of December when they are vinified and then refermented with the wine from the fresh grapes.  The result is higher alcohol content, rounder style, lower acidity and more extraction than a Valpolicella Classico.  A classic accompaniment to grilled or roasted vegetable or meat dishes.

Made from 70% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella, 5% Sangiovese.
The first vintage was bottled in 1979, and 220,000 bottles are produced annually.

Production Area: Podere Palazzo della Torre - located 787 ft. above sea level, with eastern exposure and a cretaceous and calcareous soil composition.

Vineyard Characteristics: 65.21 acres planted in 1962/1989 with a density of 1,214 vines per acre.  The vines are planted in the Pergola method and yield 3.58 tons per acre.

The harvest was carried out in late September & early October.

Vinification & Aging

Type of Press: Bladder press
Method of extraction: daily periodic pumpovers
Length of Maceration: 1st/11 days; 2nd 18 days Fermented in Stainless steel at a temperature of first @ 75/90, 2nd @ 57/72 degrees for n/a days.  Malolactic fermentation is totally carried out.  The wine is not refrigerated prior to bottling.
Filtered: Filtered
Aging Container Type: Partially in barriques and partially in big barrels
Size: 225 L
Toast: Medium
The wine is aged for 15 months in barrique & barrel followed by an additional 7 months in the bottle prior to release from the winery

Analytical Data

Total Acidity: 5.50 grams per liter
pH: 3.48
Dry Extract: 33 grams per liter
Alcohol Content: 13.5% alc. by volume
Residual Sugars: 3.2 grams per liter
So2: 80 milligrams per liter
Information on ORDERING WINES is at the bottom of page
$18.99 per bottle
$17.09 12+ Mix & Match
Click Here to E-mail winecompliments@aol.com
Home               Directions               Hours               E-mail - winecompliments@aol.com